On Wednesday, March 8 our SEIU Local 99 Bargaining Team will begin contract negotiations with LAUSD.
Coming off of the heels of our November victory on Proposition 55, everything will be on the table as we negotiate to restore programs and services, and improve our jobs and livelihoods. The team will go into this meeting ready to discuss our bargaining priorities with the district.
How to support our Bargaining Team on March 8
On March 8, let’s show the district we’re behind our Bargaining Team, and united and ready to fight to lift our schools and raise our communities.
Purple-up and sticker-up + take a photo
- If you have a purple SEIU Local 99 t-shirt, wear it if you can. If you don’t have a SEIU Local 99 t-shirt, wear a purple shirt.
- Wear the “I Support My Bargaining Team” sticker. If your school hasn’t received the stickers yet, you can print the stickers here and use double-sided tape or a clothes pin.
- Gather with as many as of your fellow school workers as you can and take a photo showing your solidarity (or take a selfie if you’re by yourself). Make a sign to show your unity, pride, and commitment to students.
Make some noise on social media
- Post your photo to Facebook and/or Twitter using the hashtag: #liftingourschools
- On Facebook, use these tags in your post: @LosAngelesSchools @SEIU99
- On Twitter, tag some members of the LAUSD School Board: @lausd_zimmer @DrGeorgeMcKenna @Scott4LAUSD @Monica4LAUSD @DrRefRodriguez @TheOnlyTeacher @richardvladovic @LASchools