Now, it has come to SEIU Local 99’s attention that the district may be attempting to cut hours from Special Education Assistants and Trainees. There have been reports of this happening at some schools.
If this is true, this is not just bargaining in bad faith, but contradicts the district’s own resolution to ‘put kids first’. We are demanding that LAUSD stop any systematic, unilateral cut in hours.
Have you received a letter notifying you of a reduction in your hours this school year?
- A picture of your letter attached that clearly shows your name.
- Your cell phone number if you would like to receive text message updates and information regarding this issue (recommended). Please note that Local 99 will never charge you for text message alerts, but carrier message and data rates may apply.
- The full names of other people at your work site who have also received a letter.
What we (you) must do to stop the cuts if they are happening at your work site
- Organize an Informational Picket at your school. The fact is, a reduction in hours is a reduction in service to students and we intend to inform parents and the public of what LAUSD is trying to pull on us and our students. Click or tap here to sign-up and we’ll follow-up with you with planning assistance. (You can also let us know at email@example.com)
- Take a stance with your principal. Organize as many of your co-workers as you can to march on the principal’s office to demand he/she tell the district to stop the cuts.
- Stand together Tuesday, December 12 from 4-6 pm at LAUSD’s HQ. Show them what union power looks like, demand they stop their shenanigans and get back to bargaining in good faith with our Bargaining Team.